FTX Muaythai classes can be a great alternative for people who have become bored with the traditional workout activities such as group fitness class, weight lifting or running. It is great for those who wanted to challenge themselves and take their training to the next level while learning how to punch and kick like the pros! FTX Muaythai is an fun workout that will increase your strength and flexibility while burning fat at a rate over 1,000 calories per hour! FTX Muaythai is an exciting cardiovascular workout that blends the elements of authentic Muaythai, the Science of Eight Limbs, where you utilize your fists, elbows, knees and kicks. Scientists have found that FTX Muaythai is a great way to “Punch and Kick” your stress away. Classes are held in four levels: FTX Orientation, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3. FTX also offers Competition Team Training via invitational only and Instructor Certification Program in association with USMF and IFMA.
Have questions about our classes? We're happy to address all of your questions or concerns. Call us at +1.408.734.8867 or +1.408.734.8868 or use our contact form.
Learn the basics of Muaythai though our 3 class orientation program! These classes are mandatory for all members before they can take the Muaythai Level 1 classes.
· Intro to the basic 8 weapons of Muaythai: punches, elbows, knees and kicks
· Foot work: moving forward, backward, sideways, etc.
· How to wrap your hands FTX Thai style
· Use of key equipment such as Thai pads, focus mitts, heavy bags and other equipment
· Safety aspect of the art
· Meet others who are new to the sport and gym
· FTX Muaythai fundamentals such punches, elbows, knees and kicks
· FTX Muaythai combinations effectively used in competitions
· Key Muaythai defensive and offensive techniques and drills
· Use of training equipment such as heavy bags, focus mitts, Thai pads, etc.
· Warm-up and cool down techniques
· Intermediate to advance Muay Thai techniques
· Intermediate to advance combinations
· Intermediate to advance Offensive and Defensive techniques
· Introductory to sparring (optional)
· Warm-up and cool-down techniques
It is highly recommended that the Level 1 students spend several months training at Level 1 before joining in the All Levels classes.
"Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are fighting systems, and thus are not as easy to learn as some of the more watered down systems out there. That being said, FTX instructors conduct themselves in such a laid back, friendly way that you hardly realize you are dealing wiht world class trainers and often fighters as well." Matt W., Google+
"From the moment I sent out an email, I have been really impressed by the professionalism, enthusiasm and courtesy of the staff. They were prompt and patient in responding to all of my communications. The facility is large, clean and safe. The staff was efficient and attentive, and the members were respectful and friendly." Sasha P., Yelp 5 Star Review
Now Enrolling for FTX After School Program. For details, please contact us at (408) 734-8868.
FTX Martial Arts & Fitness is Awarded the "Business Hall of Fame, 3 Consecutive Years" and "Best of 2014 Mountain View - Best in Martial Arts & Fitness Training"!
FTX Martial Arts & Fitness
671 Tasman Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Tel: 408.734.8867 & 408.734.8868